Thursday, July 17, 2008

Date #3a: It's all good

To ease the minds of all who might need easing, I survived my first Craigslist date and am not, yet, a casualty.

My 54-year-old correspondent turns out to be the Chief Financial Officer for a non-profit in Newton. Tan, bald, white beard, really did bike 40 miles in the White Mountains over the weekend, happy to see me. We met Tuesday night at a bar in Cambridgeport I've always wanted to visit.....River Gods on River Street (vegan options, wacky decor, DJs spinning turntables from a perch on the wall) .... and talked for three hours with the help of Côtes du Rhône, sushi rolls and a brie/garlic plate. We made a pact to always be frank with one another. Then he gave me a ride home and a satisfying goodnight kiss.

What's not to like? I believe we will go out again.

This is a personal milestone. If you had asked me even a couple weeks ago whether I would enjoy a romantic evening with a man 20 years older....

Hmmm.

The best way to couch it, I guess, is that there is something said for a man who knows what he wants, has already gone after it, and continues to go after it. In this case, the "it" being me. And he is going after me with style and the wisdom of his experience.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Justin said...

WOW. I'm all excited.....

Tashia said...

ooooh.... waiting for date number 2!

Anonymous said...

OOO...20 years? He's all grown up then, right? Needless to say, he will probably treat you like a princess! (Does he have grown children?)