Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My knight in.....in.....in....

Occasionally, as you have read, I have my moments of cynicism regarding Match.com. The love-to-look/hate-when-emails-are-ignored hopelessness.

However, all advice suggests that no matter how you feel about online dating.....don't ever write in your profile how much it embarrasses you. Or how disappointed you are in yourself for succumbing to this inevitable method of last-resort. Etc.

Here's a 36-year-old from Cambridge who viewed my profile today. These 2 paragraphs were the sum of how he described himself. I'd think it was joke, or a dare, to see if it might get any hits.....if I hadn't seen 5 others just like it in the past. All evidently, fleetingly, interested in me.

With your permission, I dub him Sir Lame-Ass.


Sir L-A: "I'm sitting at work, not busy, and I start surfing around on the net. Wouldn't you know, I come across Match.com. After looking around, I figure I have nothing to lose, (and as you probably guessed), so much to gain. Probably like you, I never thought I would be doing this. Until, one day I realized most of my friends were married and even begining to have kids (how did we become so old?). As their lives become more centered around family, my own newtork of friends begin to decrease, so what the hell, I'll give this a shot.

To be honest, I don't plan on much to come of this, not because of me, of course, but because of the little effort I'm putting into this. And, yes, you may think you deserve better, because of the time and effort you have invested in this, but there is not much better out there than me. Well, maybe some...but not much."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sir Lameass needs to get his verb tense in order before he starts touting his incomparability. That's all I can say about that.

Alissa said...

just caught up on your blog and of all your posts this is the one i had to comment on. i just love how apologetic this man, this fabulous man, is for even knowing what match.com is! too funny! dude! you're just making it more clear as to why you're still single!!!