Monday, July 21, 2008

Dating advice from Uncle Ben

Greetings, readers.

Just returned from Las Vegas for the weekend where I a) lost $6.75 playing slots; b) lost my hearing while staying up until 6 a.m. at a bar that featured my friend's thrash-metal band; c) had only brief, dial-up access to the internet.

Which means I also lost some blogging momentum.

Fear not, Uncle Ben Stein is here -- Yale Law Review, Nixon speechwriter, respected economist, tv personality and the droning teacher in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Considering the stock market's recent trip to and extended stay in the toilet--and since I work in finance and live this "plunge" daily while navigating the Boston Singles scene--it is appropo to alert you to last week's New York Times column by Mr. Stein, Esq:

Lessons in Love, by Way of Economics

It speaks for itself, even if it doesn't win you the $5000 Ben seems to promise. Please read, digest, and I'll ask you for a written report in the morning.

2 comments:

singinflute said...

I hope Vegas was fun! It must've been sooo hot! Pics and details soon please...

Anonymous said...

Yep. The Stein is good. Thanks for sharing the article!