Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Don't go changin' just to please me

The Aussie has been back on match.com reviewing this lady's profile that he so recently found so sexy.....but evidently does not any further feel the desirability to explore our mutual capacity for having an enjoyable experience of fun times.

As in he didn't respond to my response. No capacity for fun, it seems.

I'm developing an idea about these match guys.....that my sense of humor is just not cutting through. That I come off as weird. Blunt. Cynical? Or maybe my mature wit is overwhelming the college boy? Or maybe his semester just started and his days of late-night match-trolling are over.

Who knows. I ran the theory by my cousin, J. We grew up like sisters and to this day, she is one of my favorite folks with whom to hash out the neuroses and crises of life. She's had her experiences with online dating. In fact, many times in the past when I whined about my singleness, she lectured me for not getting online and getting on the stick... so to speak.

Last night I whined because I had gotten on the stick and it consequently aggravates me. I just want to get past the second e-mail response with a man I find interesting.....who has expressed interest already....and if I find him interesting, I want to meet him in person. But something I am doing between the greet and meet is stopping the train. So perhaps I need to be nicer, saner, less glibber, more fawning, etc.

J wouldn't hear of it. She said:

"Would you really want to meet up with someone who doesn't get your e-mail style?"

She's right. It would be like putting on a parka over shorts in the middle of August and pretending it was January while going for a 5-mile run, just to feel less sweaty.

Or something like that.

Soldier on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your parka simile made me laugh out loud!!! So glad to read from you day after day!