Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sunny day

Tuesdays are not universally better than Mondays, but today already beats yesterday by several miles. In part, because of the sun (duh!) after 4 days of none and 10 inches of rain. Shocking how that helps.

I am also jazzed at this perfect weather for my initial outing with Erudite Southie Runner -- who last week suggested I join him and his buddies for their Tuesday-night run out of the L Street gym. I'm in the mood to run. I'm in the mood to make new friends. The extra evening sunlight, plus the sun itself, makes this baseline foolproof.

(I hope.)

Meeting with a group -- including unattached men my age -- to work out and drink a few beers after: I should have aspired to this activity long, long ago. That my first chance came via unsolicited invitation from a man who, in a week of e-mails, has Not. Once. Mentioned. Either. Sex. Or. My. Legs. and is running his first marathon this weekend and just today admitted he co-wrote a musical (a musical!) about Watergate .....

.... not putting any eggs in any basket on this, other than I'll be disappointed if this doesn't turn out to be a mildly nice evening.

Game on.

1 comment:

veggiegal said...

Have fun Karin - sounds great! And yes, a fabulous way to meet :) Looking forward to the updates...