Friday, May 8, 2009

Lesson 5: If only I had known sooner...

From Yahoo!'s unavoidable homepage news feed today:

What the Single Woman Needs to Date Well: 9 Essentials for Single Women

#1: The Third-Date Outfit. The first date's a formality. The second establishes mutual attraction. And the third date is all about turning up the heat. So whether it's those saucy black boots you splurged on at Bloomies, or that curve-hugging skirt, or even that sensual spaghetti-strap top, a single girl's gotta have something that makes her feel like a million bucks for that rare but fabulous third date.

Thank you, internationally renowned dating expert Lisa Steadman. You're telling me after all the online profiles and angst and insomnia and yoga and carefully-crafted e-mails in just the right combination of interest and hard-to-get that all it would have taken for me to get more than one Date #4 this year was a sensual spaghetti-strap top?

The #1 reason, really?

Score!

(I am SO on this for next year) ....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously wonder what qualifications these people who write dating article have. I'm guessing it's none, and that they just had to fill up some space on a tabloid. Since when did it become essential for a single person to have a financial planner??? Sounds like it might be a good idea, but certainly not essential.

Marvel Boy said...

On my third date, I ALWAYS pull out my KMart sweater vest and my "hip-hugging" corduroy shorts. That way I'll KNOW she likes me for my brains.

Anonymous said...

"Clothes make the man," said Mark Twain. So also the woman?