Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Double Date....

So it has come to this: I have a match.com date this evening. With a computer systems gentleman from New Hampshire, recently relocated to Cambridge. He likes travel and scuba diving. We're meeting after work for a drink, at his suggestion, at the Silvertone on Bromfield Street.

(Note: this revelation is not license for everyone to come and view the festivities. Although I score my date points for choosing this particular bar.....a place often passed but never visited....mostly because I didn't have any one to take me there....)



Equally important is the date in the late morning w/my podiatrist, Dr. Coen at Mass General Downtown. I don't know if he'll cure what ails the foot ache, but I'm hoping at the very least for clarification on what the problem itself is. It would be pleasant if his recommendation was to rid myself of the orthopedic walking flats I recently purchased.....and trade them in for shoes that actually look like shoes a girl would wear on a date with a boy.
Like my patent-leather open-toed heels.

The doctor's office is located one long block away from the Silvertone. Maybe I'll ask Dr. Coen if he thinks that I should stay off my feet, if there's any real need to walk the 12 blocks back to the office between Date 1 and Date 2....so that maybe I'll just spend the day at the bar....just me and my stylin' shoes....
Wednesday morning update: The girl in front of me getting on the bus this morning was wearing these exact shoes! So at least two pairs of Merrells are doing the business-commuter crowd from Southie...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom doesn't run marathons (as I'm sure you know) but she managed to cure her own work-related plantar fasciitis with specific insoles and exercises. She doesn't wear patent leather open toe heels anywhere, though, in spite of her cure. At least, as far as I know, since mothers are always a mystery. :)

singinflute said...

I'm just catching up. Woo hoo date!!! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't see what's wrong with those shoes -- they look great! Maybe that's why engineers aren't known for their fashion sense.

Karin said...

Ah, Audrey....but you're 5 foot 11....us 5-foot two-ers like high heels! (fashion sense nothwithstanding. :-)