Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kiss for the road

Before you chastise me
for doing it again,

Let me confirm
I didn't plan to end up
again
sharing my passenger seat with
C-2 
on an early Monday morning,
kissing
(and doing other things).

I didn't know until Sunday
that
he was in town until Monday.

I didn't know
he'd apologize
for never being around
or
tell me
he and his girlfriend were
on the outs.

I can confirm,
however,
that he had kissing me
on his mind
from the moment
he texted
and
invited me to Foley's.

I can confirm
I had the same
from the moment
I got the text.

I can confirm
the kissing
still wins every award
and that
physically connecting
to a lover
after too long apart
is like stepping into a
hot bath on a
cold night.

At one moment,
me lying back on the seat,
him lying full on me,
me grasping at his hair,
I said,
"I love being just like this."

And I meant it.
What else to say?

It doesn't mean
I didn't realize
this was just
for old times' sake,
that he was leaving,
that he might be back
sometime
and
he very well might not
and
even if he does,
it doesn't mean anything
more than
kissing.

Expectations are
temporarily
safely
uninflated.

Even if
the kissing is
very, very nice.

No comments: