Friday, November 5, 2010

Post #666

I'm hardly superstitious.

(Other than being that person who after knocking over the salt shaker -- which happened a lot working 6 years in the food service industry -- throws a couple spilled grains over each shoulder, unable to remember which is the correct shoulder.  And I don't walk under ladders.  Or pass a penny in the street.)

But when I saw the post number while getting ready to upload a map from Saturday's Long Run #15 (Post #667, coming soon), I could not associate a 20-mile run after which my legs ached like the devil with a number that, according to Google, means:
a) The name of the devil, as spoken in Revelation 13:17-18.
b) The mark of the beast who has 7 heads and 10 horns, and if you "worship him and receive his mark will receive the complete wrath of God."  And the beast is another name for the Antichrist.
c) Home of the star constellation Draconis (the Dragon, or Serpent), which lies above the latitude of 66.6 degrees.
I'm actually a little afraid that I just ran a Google search on it and clicked on a bunch of related websites.

Perhaps my resident Bible Scholar (yes, you, Joshua, again) would be willing to comment on if my fears are at all justified .... or at least tell me if referencing 666 websites will draw a different crowd of readers and commenters to this space .....

No comments: