Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Still in the office

Can't decide why it's 9:07 p.m. and I'm still in the office.

Because ....

.... once I decide to work past 7 p.m., I might as well stay the whole night?

.... I'm wearing my fall coat and a skirt and don't feel like walking down the sub-zero wind tunnel called "Clarendon Street" towards a car that has been sitting in a sub-zero wind tunnel for 15 hours? (not like it's getting any warmer the longer I wait)

.... I know the gym closes at 10 and the longer I wait to go there, the less time I have to spend running inclines on the treadmill? (unfortunately necessary to prep for the 10K I'm doing in 2 days, since training in sub-zero wind tunnels is equally unfortunate)

.... I'm in mad, passionate love with the growl of industrial vacuum cleaners late at night, second only to the squeal made when a cleaning crew wheels industrial garbage cans across marble floors?

.... I'm really, really, really, really, really, really avoiding writing my Christmas letter?

.... going home and going to bed because I'm sleepy would be too easy and lame ....?

Probably the last of the latter.

Oy.

No comments: