Friday, December 11, 2009

Nerve

While walking through the Back Bay this morning, sun beaming, wind howling up Boylston Street and straight through my knee-length fuzzy-hooded parka and into the depths of my pancreatic region, I could only think (and, begging your pardon for invoking the colloquial cliché) that it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

And that was while wearing a down parka.

I don't think I'm ready for this cold. Particularly because boston.com gave today's weather forecast as this:

Friday, Dec 11 Windy and colder
32°F 21°F

Then, they say tomorrow looks like this:
Saturday, Dec 12 Partly sunny; breezy
36°F 26°F
See that Friday notation of 32°F for a high? See my comment about the brass monkey?

That doesn't give me a lot of faith in the improvement to 36°F. Nor does the important omission on Saturday of the word "warmer" after "breezy."

Oy. You may think, next, that I'm going to whine, now, about the whole swimsuit bare-tush jog up the same street tomorrow, and that I've lost my nerve.

Hell no. Bring it on.

(But I am going to go shopping for leg warmers after work.)

No comments: