Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Indoctrination (Redux)

My 2 nephews
live in Minnesota.

Their father Chad is a
diehard Minnesota sports fan.

But
since Henry was an infant 
I have been trying 
to get him on the right foot
regarding his
professional sports loyalty.

Henry (4 weeks) - September 2008

Yeah. 
I know the Sox
are tanking early this year.

So now
I'm working on his younger brother,
jumping on a different bandwagon
to do so.

Oliver (4 mos) - April 2011

Very nice that,
lately,
Oliver at least has

(Thanks, Chad,
 for your cooperation in this
auntly indoctrination.)
Day 6 of 30: 5 miles
April Total:  13.29
2011 Total: 167.28

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to be cheering for a winner, you might have to get out of 'sota! Between the college teams and the pro teams, it is not a pretty sight!

What is it that the local talk radio host always says? A terrible team in a terrible town with terrible fans playing in a terrible stadium! IALTO!!! (check out that urban dictionary).

Karin said...

@Anonymous. Oh, but I disagree. The Twins have fielded a winner for years.....division champs 6 out of 10 years.... and always competitive.

The celtics, of course, now have the T-wolves greatest cast-off on their roster, as well.

Anonymous said...

I commend you (I think) on your homerism, but I don't know if we want to go down this path. I'm assuming we are talking about the regular season, where the Twinkees have done a nice job. I wonder what would happen if they were in another division. . .

Playoffs, I hate to say, have been a complete disgrace. In those six years you mention, they have gotten out of the first round only once. They have been swept the last three years and have only won one game in their other losing series. Their overall record is 6-21 in those years. Definitely not competitive!

And the Timberpuppies? I won't discuss how many "one and dones" they have been through! And, many of them were with Garnett!

Karin said...

I actually wrote this post primarily to elicit a response of how adorable my nephews are.....