Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Damn straight, you can flirt in a recession

I spend several hours a day on the phone with people who work for banks. I flirt with very few of them. Not that no one is flirtable.....it's just difficult to work up the energy when a) there are no visuals; b) the state of most of our client accounts these days is just not that libido-raising for anyone.

Occasionally, I hit up someone in a good mood with a sexy voice.

Just got off with a rep from Charles Schwab I've never before spoken with. Don't even recall his name.....just that he's in Orlando with all the service team reps and works for the Southern Region. We only connected because my own New England team tried to send me into Vanessa's voicemail and hit a wrong button.

Therefore, I needed to ask Schwab Man to send me back to New England and Vanessa's voicemail. He didn't know Vanessa, so we had to brainstorm other folks he might know and could connect me with.

Five minutes later Schwab Man and I were still talking about how he had to work until 6 o'clock, about how I could find service team folks on the photo section of the Schwab website, and how Schwab should be so kind and also post pictures of investment advisor personnel so we could all see each other, which would be kind of like an institutional finance Facebook and promote social networking, although that might bring up some issues with compliance and conflict of interest, and....

Anyway, it went on for a bit and was fun. Probably evolved because I had only just downed a grande Starbucks Red-Eye and had the juice in my veins.

Oh, hell. Whatever it takes. If all that's required to get me in the mood is coffee, life is good.

No comments: