Friday, December 5, 2008

Birthday Shout-Out: Pajama Girl

My grad school friend, A, is 34 today and, hooray!, she invited me to her birthday party.

I love that this woman never just throws a "birthday party." On her 30th, she invited half the city to Tantric on Stuart Street. We all fit in the back dining room and, over 4 hours, talked very loudly and inhaled curry like it was The Indian Last Supper.

Tomorrow, a gang of us will be at Tremont 647 for their Saturday "pajama brunch." Yes. You do go out to eat in your skivvies. A is nonchalant--she freely admits she's wearing sweats. I'm still strategizing my attire--go to Filenes after work today and find something really dynamic, like strappy, floor-length satin? Or just default to what I wear 98% of the time: man-style Curious George pants my sister gave me for my birthday 8 years ago?

Photos surely will follow.

Meanwhile, doesn't this sound like good fun?

"...after the brunch, as i've mentioned, i thought we could adjourn to my apartment for the requisite Party Favors cupcakes and more coffee or drinks or maybe tums and pepcid. then of course we can all go home and take naps because we'll be so stuffed and buzzed. at least, that's my goal with this party--to be stuffed and buzzed."
Stuffed and buzzed with friendly folks on a Saturday afternoon. Jealous much, y'all?

Thanks, A.

2 comments:

Justin said...

i am jealous, yes. that is the EXACT opposite of what my saturday is looking like. : ( have fun!

Anonymous said...

I love Curious George!