Saturday, December 20, 2008

Hooray, snow.

Reasons to be thankful when the car is snowed in, there is no shovel, and every hardware, grocery and drug store on Broadway is sold out of shovels:

1) That Claudia loaned me snow boots yesterday so there was a way to at least attempt buying a shovel, so as to not feel like a total cop-out for not at least trying.

(1a) There is no reason to participate in the highly-charged Southie ritual of leaving folding chairs, garbage cans or coffee cans in shoveled-out parking spots. I get along with my neighbors at the moment. Don't want to give that up.

2) The laundry might get done.

3) The chili for Monday's party might get made.

4) The Christmas letter might get finished....

(4a) ...and the icicle lights for the patio, purchased Thanksgiving weekend and still boxed and in a Target bag on the living room floor, might get put up....

(4b)...and I might clear the fireplace mantle to make room for my Christmas stocking which, I just today realized, has hung obscurely over the fusebox by the bathroom since last Christmas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I do appreciate the folding chairs etc. over there in Southie, Across the bridges and through the tunnels here in Eastie, my chosen item to reserve parking is none less than the cooler. Which I have to say; I believe has more resistance than lawn furniture for people who have no lawns. I am the only one I know over here who has not had their spot 'stolen.' Now I can peacefully take my unemployed self to panera for some broccoli cheddar, and sierra turkey with no return parking worries. Cheers.