Monday, December 22, 2008

BBC 2: Hooray, snow (3).

Yesterday I hit up Macy's for their very last pair of Sperry Top-Siders.

Life is, simply, better. (And no longer soggy.)

I've got folks coming over tonight for homemade chili and wine. Naturally, at 8 p.m. last night while cooking I discovered I needed more onions. Thus, an emergency run to Stop-and-Shop.

So I pulled on the new boots and jogged out through puddles, the monster slush pile on the corner of H Street, and then the monster slush pile on the corner of I Street. I was invincible. On Broadway, it was up to the sidewalk, by necessity. I started a little slide/dance on the icy crust thereupon, when a voice in front of me called out:
"Those are most awesome snow boots I've ever seen!"
It was man just outside The Playwright. Forty-something. As burly as a bouncer. (Maybe the bouncer himself?) No coat. Out for a cigarette break, and evidently, the fashion parade.

"Thanks, man. They ARE awesome!" I replied, skating up to him and sliding past with arms flailing.

"What do you call that pattern, anyway? So cool!"

"Paisley, I think. I love them because I can just walk through all of this crap and have dry feet!"

"Whatever they are, they are AWESOME!"
he called after me.
Totally agreed.

3 comments:

Bartels Family said...

Hey Karin! Love reading your posts and I agree, those boots DO look awesome, enjoy! Are you staying in Boston for the holidays or traveling to MN? Susie

Justin said...

VERY awesome.: )

Karin said...

@Susie - It's Minneapolis for 6 days, baby....I'll probably be cruising past your hood!

Have a fun one with the family.