Thursday, October 8, 2009

Opportunities (update)

As my mother so often writes to open her 3,000-word e-mails, this entry will be "just a quickie."

Because I must go drink. A 5 p.m. beer with my manager and co-worker at the newest bar in the neighborhood: Post 390. Probably on my manager. Sweet.

(So, this beer replaces my planned 5-mile run .... um, oops. Probably not good for the Speedo Challenge. Although my soul is happy. Priorities, priorities.)

What's more, tonight after rehearsal I'll be heading to a downtown pub for C-2's all-night birthday celebration. Now, I know no one except for the host, but according to his Facebook Event RSVP list 54 guests have confirmed. Since C-2 works in liberal politics and is a rabid people-person, I assume I might find at least some of the other 53 revelers just as simpatico and talkative.

(So, hooray! A party! And new friends, maybe, in addition to more quality time with C-2, a new favorite FWABs. Sweet.)

Then, finally, I didn't ever give you the post-mortem on last week's Friday-night date. But it went well enough that I woke up the next morning smelling his aftershave on my cheek. Well enough that we spoke on the phone last night and he asked, "when will I see you again?" in the tone of someone who wants to see me again sooner than later, and he most likely will see me this Friday night, too.

(So, a new date #2. Even sweeter.)

Lots of opportunities. Updates to follow. Cheers.

No comments: