Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Deep Thought: Have a perfect day!

Said the Starbucks barista this morning as he swiped and handed back my debit card:
"Now, you have a wonderful day .... if not a totally perfect one!"
To which I replied in best taken-aback fashion:
"Likewise!"
If only it were as easy to do as to say.

Since that admonition, I've decided the runny nose I woke up with is sincerely growing into a cold. And my stomach hurts. And I have most-likely antagonistic 2 p.m. meeting about custodial procedural issues that I don't want to go to.

But, I guess, what constitutes a perfect day? Could be a mix of the aggravating and benign, right? Kind of like how anything that is nothing but good is just plain boring? How you need the aggravating to make you more appreciate the benign?

So. I got out of bed on time this morning. And the large iced black-eye that came with the barista's proverb is most excellent. And I got an e-mail from my grandma.

It's a start.

No comments: