Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The bare chest hall of fame

So back on one of the first posts of this blog, I vowed to do my damndest not to mock men who wrote me on dating websites. We're all just mortals in the crazy play ....

Nonetheless.

Recently I vowed that if I got one more online message from a man who uses his cell phone to take a picture of his chest in a bathroom mirror, seeming to believe that naked flesh, no matter in what context or lighting or state of fitness presented, will encourage a response from a woman 14 years older than him (even though age has nothing, really, to do with it), without really understanding what would make a younger man attractive to someone my age, or displaying even a hint that he has previously heard of the word subtlety .....

Yeah.

Sorry, dude.

5 comments:

Marvel Boy said...

I both feel sorry for the poor kid and ABSOLUTELY don't feel sorry for him. :)

Karin said...

@Joshua. Yes. I suppose it would be more charitable to send along, instead, "what-not-to-wear-for-your-profile-picture" advice and why.

I had a great conversation a couple months ago with a guy who (actually not much older than this one) who spoke to how some guys automatically expect women to be physically stimulated in the same way. For example, if I had taken a naked photo of myself (even if unflattering) and sent it to this guy, he'd be all over it. So he automatically expects that women react identically. Which means, to his detriment (IMO), he doesn't understand how women, generally work.

The end. ;-)

squigkato said...

@Karin. What fools we mortals be.b

Maggie Moo said...

What are these guys thinking? I can't tell you how many men I've seen with pictures of them in the bathroom-usually PUBLIC ones. How is that sexy?

The worst one ever though was a picture of a man dressed up like Rafiki...or some monkey like creature. That was his only picture. And he was crouching down in a weird stance.

*sigh* Are there any normal men in Boston?

Karin said...

@Mags. I'm sorry about crouching man and that he has to live in your memory. There's just no excuse!