Friday, February 24, 2012

Foggy February Friday

This was the view, or lack there-of, pretty much all of today:


Many times, when I turned my head from my computer and saw this bleak grey wall, I called to mind the sound and lyrics of Dar Williams' "February" .... beautiful, melancholy, and bleaker than a Dickens novel:
I threw your keys in the water, I looked back,
They'd frozen halfway down in the ice.
They froze up so quickly, the keys and their owners,
Even after the anger, it all turned silent, and
The everyday turned solitary,
So we came to february.



First we forgot where we'd planted those bulbs last year,
Then we forgot that we'd planted at all,
Then we forgot what plants are altogether,
And I blamed you for my freezing and forgetting and
The nights were long and cold and scary,
Can we live through february?
It snowed for about 15 minutes this morning.  By the time I tried to snap a photo it had turned to mist, then soon, the fog that you see above you.  Not craving the snow and cold, but I'd certainly take it over this soul-sucking grey.

(And, no. Don't get me started on Dave Matthews' "Grey Street." That most certainly might do this already-fragile mood in.)

No comments: